close
close

Cooking accident sparks fire in Ann Arbor that damages a house

Cooking accident sparks fire in Ann Arbor that damages a house

On Tuesday, July 9, 2024, emergency crews were called to the 500 block of Hill Street for a reported fire.

We deliver breaking news straight to your inbox. Register today.

ANN ARBOR, MI – A cooking mishap sparked a fire in Ann Arbor Tuesday night.

According to the Ann Arbor Fire Department, emergency crews arrived at the 500 block of Hill Street in Ann Arbor around 5:15 p.m. on July 9 for a report of a kitchen fire.

The building was heavily smoked, but the fire was quickly extinguished, officials said. Damage was limited to one apartment unit, and smoke was able to be ventilated from the building, officials said.

Nobody was injured.

Officials warned against leaving food on the stove or in the oven, adding that cooking accidents are the leading cause of fires in Ann Arbor.

Want more news from Ann Arbor? Bookmark local Ann Arbor news siteThe News site for the Ypsilanti area or sign up for the free “3@3 Ann Arbor“ daily newsletter.

If you purchase a product or register an account through a link on our website, we may receive compensation. By using this website, you agree to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions and personal information may be collected, recorded and/or stored by us, social media and other third party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.